Friday, May 1, 2009

MPH Warehouse Sale

Today is possibly the most happy day I've had in weeks.. Okay maybe not weeks but some very looooong days. Coz I went to MPH's warehouse sale in PJ. Boy oh boy, I've never seen a warehouse sale so huge before! Books here, there, EVERYWHERE. I at first tried to resist buying even one book, and just look at the vast amount of books there, but in the end I caved in. To summarize it I am now the owner of 225 ringgit worth of books, sale price. =D

At first I didn't feel like going, but my friend Dorothy kept on asking. So I agreed and went along with her, her sister Rebecca, and their mum. We were picking and picking and picking books from the bookshelves. At first only one basket was needed, then two, and then finally THREE baskets crammed and overflowing with books. I think people thought we were crazy. So when we finally went to the cashier, I was afraid to set the basket on the table for fear of upsetting the table with the weight of the books we had. But miraculously it didn't topple over. Hahaha!

Dory and I were surveying the amount of books we had picked out while the cashier was tallying up the amount and decided that we were purchasing about 600 ringgit worth of books. When she hit the total button, however, it came up the the staggering amount of 1'150. Yeap, four digits. Crazy huh? Now think of how much they'd cost without the sale. In my opinion, a total bomb. =)
But still we were happy with our purchase. I for one have discovered why I love book warehouse sales so so so much.

I am dead tired after one crazy day today, so I'll end this post here. Till the next time, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment