Thursday, October 8, 2009

Resolve

Resolutions.
That word we always hear, read, or even think about whenever its close to the dawn of a new year. Well they're mostly made and swiftly broken during the end-of-year and beginning-of-year season/s. I've never really done the resolution fad during those times, at least not much. Kinda obvious the fact I never keep them yet?
Then there are those made during the course of the year, most [at least in my case] ending up with pretty much the same fates as their cousins. Those are usually oh-I'll-study-hard-on this-particular-day resolutions or something along those lines.
One of those I made was to quit Rangers from the month of October [yes, THIS month], till our Thanksgiving celebration in December for the sake of my studies. Second Sunday, to be exact. Which meant September should have been my last month attending Rangers. And also means that I won't be having Ranger meetings for 6 straight whole solid months, counting in that I'll be leaving for NS for 3 months [assuming and fervently hoping I get 1st batch] and counting out Thanksgiving.
But I'm still attending meetings. So much for my resolve huh?
Well, I'm still human, and I can only resist what I like for so long. After just 2 weeks of no Rangers, one coz of the Raya holidays and the other coz it was the last week [there aren't any meetings then]
I was B.O.R.E.D. Yeah, so I chucked that resolution out the window [either that or I relegated it to its eternal resting place with its siblings]. Till November, that is... (: That will have to be carried out whether I like it or not since my parents will make sure of it.. ):
Seems I can't really keep resolutions that tempt me straight to the wire...
Another fine example would be reading... Last May I went on a warehouse sale book shopping spree, and I made myself promise myself that I wouldn't read all the books till after SPM [why, WHY does SPM do all these things??!!].
The result? I had close to 10 books, never before read. I told myself expressly NOT to touch them to read till AFTER SPM.. Guess what, I now only have ONE unread book from the original pile... To make matters worse, I am actually in the middle of re-reading Eclipse. Lemme amend....almost finished it, to be exact... So much for my resolve... -.-'
For some reason or other, a [sadly] huge part of me haywired brain isn't grasping that SPM is really so near.. 40 days to be exact... I think I need someone to gimme a knock on the head... [No, Cheryl, or anyone who is thinking of it...(please? lol)]
Strange, I find more priority in doing other things... Like reading or going on some adventure instead of prepping for the exams that would, in a sense, be the start of my life... I think I need psychiatric help... :)
LOL I blog craploads of crap...hope you aren't angry I just wasted your past 5 minutes if you've read till this far...

No comments:

Post a Comment