A mini Amazing Race in Taman Desa, a.k.a. The Amazing Race Desa [TARD].
Sounds rather fun, right? You may not agree with me, but it is kind of exciting.. Hehe..
There were 11 teams of 4 or 5 people, and I was in Jeanie's team, along with Huiyee and Mervyn. Dor couldn't join us coz she went to reconnect with her roots in Nepal, and Jill also, because she went to Redang Island [I want to go too! C:].
We started off from the TD park at a lil past 9 in the morning, ending the race at about 2 in the afternoon. 5 hours of fun, madness, torture, and craziness rolled into one [and we have to keep an egg safe and sound]. Its funny how time flies when you are preoccupied with frying
a) your brains
and
b) yourself in the baking sun.. :)
Our 1st challenge was to go round buying 500ml bottles of water. Scrambling the names of Sri Kota, Guardian Pharmacy, Desa Herbs, and Mike Koh, we were expected to find the places and then make the purchases, remembering to get the receipts. All the teams ended up skipping Sri Kota since they only open at 10. Heehee. After we were done, we had to hunt for our station master, Yan Gen, who happened to be at a very strategic hidden spot.
Next we had to go back to the park, at the football field, choosing between Collect and Happy Feet. Collect: newspapers. Happy Feet: tie all members' legs together and make our way to the other side of the field. Twas hard [not happy feet at all I say, haha], but our team made it, surviving the baking sun. Thereafter we had to look for Isaac, the next station master.
We were to then go all the way to the park at Bukit Desa, which is like SO far away! There it was to execute Brains and Brawn, splitting up the team to two people to each task. We happened to walk past the place where other teams were already doing Brawn, and I set myself immediately NOT to do Brawn. Brawn: One member is blindfolded and will apply RED lipcolour to the other member till the station master, Bernard, is satisfied. Then it is repeated, switching roles, so both members got their turn. Brains involved answering 10 questions. Each wrong question costs a 5-minute penalty. Jeanie and I did Brains [though I have very little]. We got one wrong and had to wait 5 minutes. The question was 'What is the currency of South Africa?'. I put South African Dollar. Real answer? Its the South African RAND. O man, I tell you, I was -.-
So during the 5 minute penalty Mervyn and I went to a nearby restaurant to get iced lemon tea. The guy took his own sweet time!!! And I was getting more and more pissed by the minute, BUT I couldn't leave, because I'd already paid. -.- [someone remind me next time NEVER to pay first]. So the two of us caught up with Huiyee and Jean on the way to Pathways, our next destination. The long walks between each destination are killers I tell you.. =X
In Pathways it was to do Sudoku or to take a 30-minute penalty. We worked on solving the numbers and actually beat so many other teams who had opted to take the penalty. Heehee.
Up next was to go to DDP to look for the next stationmaster, Lydia. To me at least, she was so well hidden! I'd never had spotted her if it weren't for Puvan, Devaraj, Puvini and Michelle's team telling me. Thanks guys! =) The challenge was to take a break for 45 minutes. At first it was fine, resting and having refreshments, but towards the end it took some patience to wait out those l.a.s.t. m.i.n.u.t.e.s. =D
We then had to go around looking for a white man's hut, mr bersih, saya main, and a 5.90 shop, to take a group picture in front of each. Mr Clean, iPlay, and 100 yen was easy enough, but for some time we were [me at least] boggled by KFC. LoL! Took the pictures and hunted at a mamak for our next stationmaster, who turned out to be Yeh Rong. Mervyn spotted his very well hidden hiding spot, which was behind a big pillar.
We had to then hunt for a person's house [stationmaster Benjamin] in Jalan Desa Ria 1. -.-
So much for being a Taman Desa resident, I had no idea where it was.. Haha.. Thanks petrol station guy and lady we ambushed, whoever you are. =) We had to take turns spinning 10 times, then one-handedly scooping up a 'cup' of water, pouring it into a bottle. Over our heads. [took turns to hold the bottle]. Twas dizzying and fun.. Haha.. Crazy stuff I think. =D
Our last destination was Desa Water Park. !!! Really far away... -.-
Walking, walking, walking, and then finding a shortcut into Abadi Indah, and then walking walking walking till we got to a shortcut Mervyn knew.. Hehe... We thought it was in the entrance, but noo, the ebil ebil organizers just had to make the final stop far far away, near the paintball area. We were like aimless for a little while after seeing that it wasn't at the entrance, but the carpark dudes were like pointing pointing and we were like running running towards that direction. LoL and that stone in my shoe JUST had to cut my blister while we were on our way into the theme park, so running was excruciating. Hmmph. Time to replace those socks [off they go into the trash!!! mwahahahaha].
The winning team, King Yiew's team, got egged. LoL.
Our team got fourth. Not bad at all I think. =D Teamwork is the key. C:
All in all it was a fun time [tiring too!!] and thanks you guys who organized it. C:
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment